Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Rangeley Inn

http://www.rangeleyinn.com/web/image/GalleryInn/LA%20Din%20Rm%201.jpg
















Nestled on the edge of Rangeley Lake



Dining Room

 

The Tavern

http://www.rangeleyinn.com/web/image/GalleryInn/18.jpg

Front Porch



The Lobby


Located in the scenic Rangeley Lakes and Mountains region of Maine



The historical Rangeley Inn site

Press: Maine Magazine :: The S-factor

SFactor_4 The skiing and snowboarding at Saddleback are rugged and serious, and the off-trail backcountry skiing is a big draw. Snow falls most of the day I’m on the mountain, and sometimes the wind is howling. The summit’s elevation here is 4,120 feet, a vantage that gives clear views to the frozen lakes below. “It’s all vert here,” says Peter Frank, summing it up when he returns from his day of snowboarding. “Lots of verticality.”

For dinner, we’re seated near a freestanding fireplace in the middle of the Rangeley Inn dining room, and I’ve got a delicious boeuf bourguignon in front of me when I realize I can overhear another couple near the fireplace. In the wood-paneled scene of warmth, wine, and food, I hear the man at the next table ask the woman to marry him. She says yes! Peter Frank and I want to catch the couple’s attention and congratulate them, but they see only each other for the rest of the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment